27 YEARS IN BUSINESS
Lucy Bloom is an award-winning leader, international keynote speaker, consultant and author. She uses her superpowers for writing and speaking about courage, trust, failure, change, maverick thinking, generosity and fun. Lucy is a charity expert, governance gun and strategy machine. She’s a rule breaker, idea maker and exceptional communicator.
Lucy Bloom ran a successful boutique ad agency for 20 years before she took on the start-up challenge as founding CEO of a brand new women’s health charity. In less than three years at the helm, Lucy built the policy, procedure, team and strategy which raised $7M for a network of hospitals and a midwifery school in Ethiopia. Lucy then moved on to lead a Cambodian children’s charity as the organisation’s first CEO, transforming it from an administration function to a fundraising machine with proper policy, procedure, budgeting and strategy, raising more in 12 months than the charity had raised in any year before.
Her next challenge was as Executive Director of Inspiring Rare Birds, supporting female entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. In this role Lucy Bloom created the world’s first women-only, all-inclusive speaker’s agency, offering a commercial solution to the gender imbalance on stages all over the world.
Lucy has an impressive track record in communicating tricky subjects for mass appeal, strategic financial management, governance and policy as well as building and developing high-performance teams.
Lucy Bloom is as well known for her mohawk as she is for her business leadership and memorable speeches. She is experienced in building and leading fast-paced intergenerational and remote micro-teams and has launched a number of businesses including an education startup. Why does she have pink hair? Because she can.
- Lucy Bloom is the first and only Australian to be listed in the world’s top 30 #socialceos
- She was a founding director and CEO of Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Australia), going from volunteer to CEO in 8 years
- Her knack for social media brought a niche charity in Australia a monthly post reach of more than 20M. Her social media clients report instant results. Even Facebook HQ has called on her expertise
- Lucy Bloom is a branding expert, accomplished photographer and art director
- She is a recipient of a Kindness Award from the Wake Up Project
- Lucy is the winner of the 2015 Women’s Agenda Emerging Leader in the not-for-profit Sector Award
- She was a finalist in the Agenda Setter category of the 2016 Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards
- Lucy has been nominated many times and named a finalist twice in the Telstra Business Woman of the Year Awards
- She is the Winner of a Weekly Award for Best Talk at the Adelaide Fringe Festival 2019
- Lucy Bloom is the creator of the world’s first childbirth education program for men, which is run in pubs all over Australia. She is the author of the best selling book which accompanies the program, Cheers to Childbirth
- In 2019, HarperCollins Australia published Lucy’s memoir – Get the Girls Out: a memoir of love, loss and letting loose
- She is often called on to provide comment in mainstream media on a wide range of subjects such as gender equality, social media, leadership and international aid
- She’s a member of Women on Boards and Professional Speakers Australia
- Lucy is on the executive committee of Coogee Chamber of Commerce and one day will run for Mayor of Randwick
- Hair game is strong
- Lucy Bloom is a mother of three and travels from Sydney, Australia